Colourful and full of flavour, these steaks will be the highlight of the meal!
- 4 x Pan fry/grill steaks, approx 25mm thick and 150g each from Jack Purcell Meats
- 2 Tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 Cup baby spinach leaves
- 80g Bocconcini, sliced
- 4 Pieces roasted red capsicum
- Sauteed potatoes and green vegetables to serve
1. Butterfly steaks and open out.
2. Spread one side of steak with pesto. Top one half of each steak with spinach leaves, bocconcini and roasted capsicum.
3. Fold other half of steak over to enclose filling and gently press together.
4. Tie with food grade bands if needed or use toothpicks.
5. Heat 10 ml oil in large heavy based frying pan. Cook steaks for 3 minutes on each side, over high heat, until well browned and cheese begins to melt.
6. Remove to warm plate, cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sauteed potatoes and green vegetables.
Please consider joining our new loyalty club. Jack Purcell Meats would like to give back to our most loyal customers.
Ask in-store for more details.
Thanks for visiting our site, please browse our latest specials and subscribe to our newsletter.