Lets look at another recipe straight from Paul Purcell’s kitchen: Juicy pork belly strips in a delicious sweet, thickened sauce.
- Jack’s Pork Belly Strips
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Sweet Sherry
- 1 Cup Mirin (available in the Asian food isle of your favourite supermarket)
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Whole Black Pepper to taste
1. Purchase from Jack’s some pork belly strips and slice them into 2 inch bite size pieces and set aside.
2. Slice into tiny dice size pieces your garlic, ginger and shallots.
3. To a Saucepan add 1 cup of Sweet Sherry, bringing it to the boil.
4. When Boiling add 1 cup of Soy Sauce.
5. Bring it back to the boil and add your slices of Ginger, Garlic and Shallots and some Whole Black Pepper along with your dried Red Chilli.
6. Add 1 cup of Mirin and bring back to the boil.
7. When the mixture is back to boiling add your Pork Belly pieces carefully to the mix.
8. Bring it back to the boil, cover with an Aluminium foil lid & reduce to a Low to Medium simmer for 40 – 45 minutes.
9. After this time the Pork is soft and fully cooked and the liquid has reduced.
10. Stir, cover again and bring the whole mixture back to the boil to further reduce / caramelize the sauce.
11. When your sauce has thickened it is time to Plate and Enjoy!
- Serve with a nice glass of Red Wine. Enjoy!
Please consider joining our new loyalty club. Jack Purcell Meats would like to give back to our most loyal customers.
Ask in-store for more details.
Thanks for visiting our site, please browse our latest specials and subscribe to our newsletter.